We Are Recruiting!
Board of Directors - Chestermere
Do you care deeply about Small Business and want to see our region grow and prosper? Do you feel as though you can contribute to small business and community economic development?
Community Futures Wild Rose is seeking an individual to join our volunteer Board of Directors from Chestermere who is community-minded and passionate about creating opportunities in our region. We value diversity and good judgement in experienced individuals with varying backgrounds and careers. An ideal board member should be enthusiastic with a willingness to learn and grow while participating in the business and economic development sectors.
Board of Directors Position:
- The Board of Directors is comprised of 15 elected officials/appointees from the 15 shareholder communities.
- Accountable to the 15 shareholder municipalities. It is responsible for managing and supervising the activities and affairs of the organization. The directors are appointed by the shareholders, and when no appointment is made the Board may elect a community member.
- The Board oversees the duties of the Executive Director.
- The Board establishes and provides oversight of the strategic plan, operation plan and financial plans for the organization.
- Must attend the monthly regular meeting of the Board of Directors (first Thursday of every month), special meetings and Annual General Meeting.
- Opportunities to join committees (Governance, Internal Review Committee, Community Economic Development, Human Resources or Strategic Planning).
Commitment: 2 hours per month (Regular Meeting), plus meeting preparation.
Board of Directors are providing training and orientation.
If you're passionate about rural business and community economic development we encourage you to apply! Download the application below and submit your application and resume to Chantale Sangster, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline - August 31, 2023 or until a suitable candidate is found.