- SME Direct
Link to gain access to a weath of small business information available through Industry Canada.
- Bplans.com Small Business Planning Centre
- In-depth site of how to start a business.
Quality source of information on small business, finance, community development, international trade, entrepreneurship, enterprise development, and the economy.
Resources for Entrepreneurs
- GD Sourcing
- E-Business Connection
Offers a number of great resources to small business owners who want to learn more about adopting e-business/internet technologies into their business
- Export Readiness: Alberta small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) interested in expansion into international markets can apply for up to $5,000 to offset the cost of developing an international market assessment/business plan, focused on one country. The Program is intended to support SMEs to align their international plans with global opportunities and to evaluate the risks and benefits of exporting prior to entering new global markets.
- Loan Program for Students
Business Development Bank of Canada's entrepreneurship opportunities.
- Canadian Youth Business Foundation
Assisting young entrepreneurs to get their ideas off the ground, Youth Business offers programs and services that allow them to achieve economic independence, develop self-confidence, and fulfill their goals of self-employment.
- The Young Entrepreneur's Network
An online community that supports the needs of young entrepreneurs from around the world as they attempt to build and thrive in their own businesses.
- Young Entrepreneur's Organization
Helps entrepreneurs build upon their successes through an array of educational and networking opportunities.
- Youth Café
Government of Canada website for youth seeking employment opportunities.
Small Business Directories
Business Service Centres across Western Canada
Starting a business in a city (Calgary/Edmonton)
The Business Link operates walk-in centres in Edmonton and Calgary. They offer information and advice about everything from start-up, regulations, financing and loan programs to marketing, product sourcing, e-business and government programs and services. They can also be reached via a toll-free business information line: 1-800-272-9675.
- Strathmore Regional Arts Collective
- Industry Canada's Aboriginal Business Directory
- The Connectivity for Aboriginal and Northern Communities in Canada
- Agriculture & Agri-Food Canada
- Alberta Agriculture & Rural Development
- Alberta Business Family Institute - Alberta School of Business
- Alberta Economic Development
- Alberta Women Entrepreneurs
- Alberta Youth Entrepreneurship Camp
- AVAC - Investing in Alberta Innovation
- Bizpal - Business Permitting and Licensing
- Canada Business Network
- Canada's Rural Partnership - Rural Secretariat
- Canada One - Small Business News, Articles & Information
- Canadian Association of Family Enterprise
- Industry Canada
- The Canadian Trade Commissioner Service
- Passport Canada
- Productivity Alberta
- Putting Podcasts Together to Work for Business
- Social Insurance Number
- Statistics Canada
- The Business Link - Alberta's Business Information Centre